- 500 mile range, plus additional 400 miles after 30 minute charge
- 0-60 mph in 20 seconds, @80,000 lbs, and accelerates up 5% gradient to 65 mph
- $1.26 per mile vs. $1.51 for diesel
- \”Guaranteed\” not to breakdown for 1M miles?
- Still no mention on the weight of the truck, which may limit payload
- No mention of purchase price
- Walmart and Loblaw have already preordered
-My thoughts – very nice! The reveal did not disappoint. Exciting times in trucking are coming!
It can transform into a robot, fight aliens and make one hell of a latte pic.twitter.com/8h9vvWu4f5
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) November 15, 2017
Not sure why Tesla needs another mega-project at this point, buuuut- why not?
Daimler, Volvo and others have done similar unveils. I wonder if Tesla\’s is so groundbreaking that Elon\’s Musk-ism to \”blow your mind clear out of your skull and into an alternate dimension\” comes to reality.
Some issues with Tesla\’s current (as previously reported) e-truck:
- 200-300 mile range is about 41.5% of current diesel truck range (with a human driver and Hours of Service regulation)
- 18,000 lbs. of battery (current estimate) to do the above range; reduces current payload up to 40% by weight (so unless you\’re shipping feathers…)
- Unless fully autonomous (if the driver can sleep/rest without supervising the truck), Hours of Service regulations still limit range to what human drivers have available
Anyhow, I\’m a big fan of Musk\’s vision(s), and hope to see them come true. Dream big!